give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.1 Thessalonians 5:18
As we struggle with everything going on in the world and our personal lives, it’s easy to forget about what’s good. And there’s always something good. As I was showering today, I thought of all the things I’m thankful for. I’m sure there are many more that I’m forgetting right now.
I’m thankful for:
- Being retired and having the time to help my parents.
- My comfortable home and how much I love spending time in it.
- Tim having a successful surgery before all this happened.
- Tim not working right now and that he could be home until this has all passed.
- Plenty of food to eat.
- My parents being safe.
- My company that provided us with a pension plan so I’m not stressing (well, only a little) over what’s happening with my 401(k) and other investments.
- My sister and brother-in-law who are taking care of my dad so well.
- Feeling good and not having to deal with my own issues right now.
- All the books I have to read, all the projects I can work on. I’ll never run out of things to do!!
- Everything Tim has brought into my life – companionship, love, support, patience, understanding, grandkids, and two sweet kitties to love for 3.5 and 4 years.
- The love and support from my friends and family especially during this challenging time. I’ve even made some new Facebook friends.
- Our leaders who are making tough decisions with no precedent to follow.
- Our wonderful week in Florida before the **it really hit the fan.
- The small inventory of supplies – paper towels, toilet paper, Puffs – that I always keep on hand.
- Last, but not least, finding two almost full canisters of disinfecting wipes and a few small bottles of hand sanitizer already in the house. 😷
Have faith, be thankful, and be smart everyone!! 💕💕